2011년 3월 11일 금요일

How can I use microblogging in class?

       I heard about "Twitter", it was just about celebrities. My friends were trying to be "follower" of many stars and to communicate with them. After I made my account and follow some edu-bloggers, I realized that I could communicate with my future students and also, I can use this microblog as a educational tool. Some teacher said twitter has helped her develop professionally as a teacher and mirrors the view of many colleagues who have also made the effort to nurture their own personal learning network using the free micro-blogging tool. Also, she used a free powerpoint twitter feedback tool which can be embedded within a presentation slide as a Flash file. Moreover,when students have presentation using powerpoint, other students can reply or show their opinion by twitter. Isn't it marvelous that classes in thesedays are so technical and innovative. I felt my class was so old-fashioned. I can share video clips and images with my students by 'TwitVid', 'Twitddeo', 'Twitc', 'TwitLENS'...etc. Especially, we can share YouTube videos by 'Twittube'. It would be more intersting in class and also be more friendly with my students if I use twitter properly.


댓글 1개:

Maryanne :

You have found quite a few tools that utilize Twitter. Thanks for sharing the idea about using Twitter for feedback in a Powerpoint presentation.